This Knowledge base article will help you understand the functionalities of the MultiShot Module for your CamDirector® AI Processing Unit, the CD500.
MultiShot will help complete your CamDirector setup, by adding in multiple shots from different cameras and in future other RTSP streams.
The release notes of the latest improvements can be found on our website. Currenty version is 1.3.2 (15 May 2023)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Installation of the CD500
We have Knowledge Base articles explaining how to install the CD500. Make sure your CD500 is fully installed. If you have the license for the Teacher Tracker, make sure you have successfully completed the calibration.
Use the articles below to meet these requirements.
- CamDirector® Quick Start Guide
- How to mount and configure CamDirector Teacher Tracker
- Basic CamDirector® tips
- Make sure you have saved all changes and if you want update & reboot.
- Wait for the CD500 to have been rebooted and log in at the System IP address that you have just set.
- If the CD500 isn't responding on that IP address, check the HDMI output for the IP address during the boot sequence.
You need to define a gateway for the CD500 to be able to connect to the internet and connect with other devices.
Purchase and activate the license
To use MultiShot, the digital camera switcher, you must purchase a license. If you purchased the license at the same time that you purchased the CD500, the module should be active out of the box.
You can reach out to our sales team if the module is not purchased. If you have purchased it, and it still doesn't show up after a reboot, you can reach out to our support team.
The license for MultiShot will be added automatically and remotely to your CamDirector unit.
If the Module is active you should be able to see the icon in the list on the left.
We will give a brief explanation of how to set up the multishot module. You do this through the WebGUI.
- Log in to the Multishot web GUI. Use the IP and user from earlier when following the above instructions
- Go to MultiShot in the left column. Nothing will be listed if you are here for the first time.
- Click the Add New Tile. Here you must type in a Camera IP.
- Click the Play button to connect to the camera stream
- Use the controls to pick out the shot you would like, give the preset label your name and hit save.
Right now only Avonic Cameras are supported. We are looking into future support for any RTSP stream.
With the WebGUI you can set up 80 different presets. You can rename the presets for easy understanding. Each shot will get an endpoint that is fixed to that shot. With these endpoints you can use the commands from the next Paragraph to switch between shots.
There is a demo switch page available if you visit: http://192.168.5.50/#/multishot/switcher
Use the Multishot
There are two ways to communicate with Multishot. You can use these methods to implement a hardware of software switcher of your choosing.
- Visca over IP commands.
- REST API commands