This brief overview explains the process of updating your CM40 or CM70 series cameras.
(Video available in English, French and Spanish)
- First of all, locate the firmware on our website: on the specific product webpage, look for the download icon accompanied with the firmware information as shown below in that example:
- Extract these files and store them in a convenient location on your PC
- To open the camera's web Gui, we recommend to use the private/incognito mode of the web browser to avoid any possible cache issues. Navigate to the camera's IP address and login to its WebGUI (Default IP address is http://192.168.5.163 with Username: admin and Password: admin)
- Select the "System" tab (1) and find the "Update" link (2) in the menu on the left:
- From the recently downloaded files select the ARM file (3) and click Upgrade (4)
Note that the zip file usually contains several files:
- ARM file that corresponds to the "MCU version" shown here on the web Gui
- UVC file that corresponds to the "Camera Version" also shown here on the web Gui (here you may have two files: one for the Black camera version and another for the White version, just choose the correct one according to your model! See "Where to find the correct firmwares for my camera?" for more explanation)
- The Release Note PDF confirming all the new functions and changes made into that new release and previous ones.
- The Update_readme text file confirming how to perform the camera firmware upgrade.
- Wait for the camera to finish flashing the first firmware (ARM) and the camera will reboot automatically.
- Log into the camera again and now flash the other file (UVC). Once done, the camera will again reboot automatically.
- If you wish, you can log again into the camera's web GUI to recheck that the camera is now on the desired firmware levels.
The update procedure is to always flash these two files. Failure to do so might lead to inconsistencies and certain features not working properly.